Wednesday 21 November 2012

Theme board - Fashion Decades 1950's- Christian Dior

Christian Dior french fashion designer born january 21 1905,established his own house in 1946 after the second world war. His designs in 1950's after world war II were characterized by thin waist and long full skirt and narrow bodice.

 "Dior was first to arrange licensed production of his designs. Furs, stockings, ties and perfume were manufactured in regional centres across the world, spreading his brand name quickly about the globe"

on this mood board i have focused on christian diors garments designs, shape,silhouette and pattern. I really like the full volume in the skirts, and that which where a dramatic change for this era.

I would like to focus my final piece on this and create a full volume skirt. as I research more I am to corporate different ideas design and shapes that come to mind with maybe my modern twist to it. lets see how it goes and what I come up with my final piece. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment